Sauerkraut For Your Bones
By: Irma Jennings | Posted in: Blog, Featured | Monday, Apr 29, 2019 - 3:29pm
Sauerkraut: a traditional gift for your gut, your bones and our overall health.
Do you know where sauerkraut originated? You will be surprised.
1 head of organic cabbage (either green, purple or combination of green and purple)
1 Tablespoon of kosher sea salt
1 Quart glass ball jar with lid
- Remove the outer layer of the cabbage but do not wash the cabbage
- Slice in cabbage in half
- Remove the core
- Then thinly slice the two halves
- Add your sea salt
- Massage the sliced cabbage for about 10-15 minutes (until liquid comes out when you squeeze the sliced cabbage).
- Pack into glass ball jar
- Continue pushing down the cabbage allowing the liquid to rise to the top
- When finished place the lid on the top but do no seal
- Twice a day pack down the cabbage (morning and night)
- 5-7 days you sauerkraut is finished
- Place in the fridge and eat a tablespoon daily
Let my Skelly know if you have questions.
From my loving bones to yours,